The below homilies are excerpts from my book and reflect several observations relating to planning practice.
• Action speaks louder than planning.
• Change is not a choice, but transformation is always an option.
• Citizen pride is a valuable resource.
• Don’t try to control people – involve them instead.
• Good planning starts with an idea or vision of what might be, and every worthy vision or project needs a champion to make it happen.
• Inspiration can take many forms.
• Most people can become a facilitative leader.
• People are the greatest resource for community change.
• Planning helps make connections between people and communities, values and action, status quo and change, and private and public sectors.
• Planning is one of the best ways to engage diverse interests and people in decision-making that results in positive community change.
Back to Top
© 2018 Garry V. Cooper
Send an e-mail